How is this Italian old girl, almost naturalised British, feeling about her new life in Texas is something everybody is wondering about.
The truth is 'I don't know'. It's too early, too different, too weird. I'm too tired, too pregnant, too inert.
So I guess I can attempt to fill up a list of pros and cons of this new life/country and get on from there.
- the weather (although today is a bit chilly)
- the taste of fruits/vegs (they actually HAVE a taste, which I had kinda forgotten)
- the water distributor built on my fridge
- 10-15 min to reach everything (by car/no parking problems)
- all that is cool in this city is at bike distance from our new home (once I'll be able to ride a bike again)
- I cannot find the city centre
- there is not a nice walk from home to an interesting point
- I am supposed to pay for absolutely everything or if something free of charge actually exists I haven't found it yet?
- the accent
- the fact that B and babyboy will get this accent
- I'm lonely lonely lonely (expected obviously, not such an idiot to think otherwise, nevertheless annoying).
Let's see where I'm going from here. At least all the admin stuff is done and I just have to wait for cards to arrive and things to happen.